The original scope of work for this project included the renovation of the historic building located at One Union Avenue in Saratoga Springs, New York. This building was originally constructed in 1860 and housed classrooms for Skidmore College. Empire State College purchased the building in 1981 and completely renovated in 1986. The present renovation allows for the distribution of space gained when various departments relocated to 2 Union Avenue and the Distance Learning Center. Syvertsen Architecture provided Empire State College with analysis and documentation of the existing conditions, schematic and design development phase reports, a detailed pre-bid cost estimate, final working drawings and final specifications. The firm also had various construction administration responsibilities including on-site job observation, field reports, time progress schedule reviews, and organization of the construction contract.
During the construction execution of this renovation, the college addressed the desire to assess the status of the building's windows. There are 132 windows in the building, of both fixed and double hung styles. After evaluation it was decided that the windows need to be fully replaced and updated in order for the building to reach its greatest energy efficiency.
SRA Six Chelsea Place Clifton Park, NY 12065 518.348.1151